Wednesday, November 4, 2009

City Rail Logo


The CityRail logo is a identity for the Railway company.
It seems to be two arrows pointing in opposite directions, one blue the other yellow. The arrows are also blurred to give a feeling of motion.
It is seen on all trains in NSW that aren't country link trains. It is also seen on all of the train stations and CityRail Uniforms. 

The fonts used is a mix of serif and san-serif fonts. The C y and a are san-serif while the other letters are serif. 


The design is pretty stock standard although the use of a gradient in a logo is usually seen as unprofessional.

The reason I used this logo is because it is something visible to me everyday and something that I always think about how I could redesign a better one. Adjectives that could describe the logo are: orderly, serious, established and slightly aggressive and energetic.

1 comment:

  1. To my eyes, it always seems that the more i stare at this logo in all its "blurred motion" the more it hurts my eyes to continue looking at it, deterring me away from it.
    As a result i can now see why you question how you could make this a better logo, as so can i, especially if one like this actually turns me away from the logo, instead of drawing me in, or at least being able to stand its presence

    ReplyDelete